Tuesday 17 June 2008

Ed Tech vs Digital Tech

I still have my notes. Written and drawn on a long sheet of faded paper, pretty much dog-eared, they formed my understanding of Educational Technology as needed for my degree in Education back in 1980 or so.

Much of it concerned film projectors, spirit duplicators, and something called programmed learning. It was the hyperlink system of the time. Answer a question, depending upon how you did you got sent to another page. A sort of multiple choice learning and not bad at that. I learned my calculus in that way, hanging over the edge of a gantry over a bubbling reactor whilst working for Boots.

What you reflect upon and write about you remember. This is the purpose of this blog - a way of putting thoughts and ideas - insights perhaps - into the digisphere for me to learn and others to read and comment.

No comments: